Monday, August 24, 2009

First Day of Real Preschool

Jack was excited on the first day of real preschool! When he was two years old, I took him to a preschool that let me stay with him the whole time. It was more like a daycare in that "preschool" because there were too many one-year-olds and only one other two year old. Now we are going to a real preschool! I took Jack to see the school the week before and he wanted to get back there to play on the playground.
Jack was being silly with his school bag on his head!
It tugged on my heart when Jack asked in his tiny little voice, "Mom, you de wis ne?"
ie: Mom you'll be with me?

After I watched my sweet little boy walk into the big classroom by himself, I drove away and bawled! It was so hard to trust that they will take good care of him, listen to him and be patient with his still developing speech.
I was so thrilled to pick him up after school and find him happy!!! His first words were, "Mom, I niss you!" He told me how he spinned and got dizzy and "now I have a headache!" He ate a sandwich in the car and we went to Walmart to celebrate! Dad told Jack he wanted him to pick out a new DVD and play some claw games in the "F-U-N" zone; Jack spells it for us.

We won three prizes in the claw games!!! What a special day!!

1 comment:

Nicki said...

What a fun and exciting day for Jack! I can't believe how big he is now! Time is going by way too fast!!!